Meet The Doctor
Dr. Leonard Peterson is board certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He received his training in oral and maxillofacial surgery and anesthesia in New Orleans at LSU School of Dentistry and LSU Health Sciences Center at Charity Hospital.
Dr. Peterson spent 3 years in the US Navy serving in San Diego, California and Okinawa.
Dr. Peterson had the unique opportunity to train with some of the most renowned oral and maxillofacial surgeons in the country. These included: Dr. John Kent, a pioneer in the field of Orthognathic surgery and temporomandibular joint dysfunction and Professor Per-Ingvar Brånemark a Swedish orthopedic surgeon , touted as the “father of modern dental implantology.”
Dr. Peterson practices a broad scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, with over 20 years of expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and bone grafting, to wisdom teeth extractions and removal of oral pathology. Dr. Peterson can also diagnose and treat facial pain, facial injuries, and fractures.
As Dr. Peterson understands that most of the patients who are undergoing oral surgery treatment are anxious and frightened, he will make an extra effort to provide individualized and compassionate treatment.
Dr. Peterson is married to Barbara. They have three children: John, Michael, and Sarah. When not spending time with his family, Dr. Peterson enjoys music, photography and is an avid sports fan.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Academy of Osseointegration
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)